American Cancer Society: Extension to Settlement Agreement
In 2011 the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the American Council of the Blind reached a comprehensive agreement regarding ACS information to members of the public with visual impairments. ACS agreed at that time that its website would satisfy WCAG 2.0 Level AA and that it would provide certain ACS information in Braille, Audio, Large Print and electronic formats. In early 2012 the parties agreed to extend the agreement and provide additional materials in Braille and Large Print. The Agreement extension is below.
- Read the post summarizing the extension agreement, including information on how to order alternative formats.
- Read the initial agreement between the ACB and the American Cancer Society.
- Read the 2011 press release announcing the ACS accessible information initiative.
- Read a short Simplified Summary of this Post, a feature of LFLegal designed to satisfy AAA Success Criteria 3.1.5 of WCAG 2.0.
Amendment Number One to American Cancer Society Accessible Information Interim Settlement Agreement.
WHEREAS, the American Cancer Society (”ACS”) and the American Council of the Blind (”ACB”) have entered into the Interim Settlement Agreement as supplemented by the Confidential Addendum thereto (together, the “Agreement”) with an effective date of February 15, 2011, and
WHEREAS, the duration of the Agreement ends on February 14, 2012; and
WHEREAS, the parties wish to (i) extend the duration of the Agreement for an additional one- year period and (ii) amend Exhibit A to the Agreement;
NOW THEREFORE for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- 1. Extension of Duration.
- The duration of the Agreement is extended for an additional one-year term, from February 15, 2012 to February 14, 2013.
- 2. Exhibit A.
- Exhibit A to the Agreement is amended by deleting it in its entirety and replacing it with the Exhibit A attached to this Amendment Number One.
- 3. Meetings Regarding the Agreement.
- The meetings referenced in Section 6.1 of the Agreement shall occur semiannually, rather than quarterly, on a mutually agreed-upon date. The meeting referenced in Section 6.2 of the Agreement shall occur on a mutually agreed-upon date in the second half of 2012.
- 4. Definitions.
- All references to the Agreement mean the Agreement as modified by this Amendment Number One. Defined terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Agreement.
- 5. Ratification.
- The Agreement as modified by this Amendment Number One shall continue to be in effect and is hereby ratified and confirmed in all respects.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties do hereby execute this Amendment Number One as of the dates indicated below.
- American Council of the Blind
Name: Melanie Brunson
Title: Executive Director
- American Cancer Society
APPROVED AS TO FORM
- Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen & Dardarian
By: Linda M. Dardarian
- Gordon & Rees LLP
By: Michael Bruno
- Law Office of Lainey Feingold
By: Lainey Feingold
EXHIBIT A to AMENDMENT NUMBER ONE
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults (D103.00)
- Breast Cancer (D104.00)
- Colorectal Cancer (D107.00)
- Prostate Cancer (D117.00)
- Skin Cancer: Basal and Squamous Cell – Overview (D118.99)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma – Overview (D178.99)
- Understanding Chemotherapy (D5024.00)
- Understanding Radiation (D5025.00)
- What is Cancer? – All Sections (D6041.00)
- A Message of Hope: Coping with Cancer (D6684.00)
- Guide To Quitting Smoking (D6696.00)
- Talking with Your Doctor (D6714.00)
- Lung Cancer (Non-small cell) (D6976.00(