Contact Form Help
To avoid spam, this site does not post a
mailto:-type email link or actual email address on this Contact page. Instead of an email address, we offer a contact form. The form asks for the following information (all of which remains confidential). If you have trouble using the form, there is more help info on this page.
Explanation of Form Fields
- Name (Required)
- Use this to enter your full name, or, if you prefer, just your first name. This text input has a limit of 40 characters.
- Email (Required)
- Use this to enter your email address. The email address must be properly formatted or an error will be returned. If you want a reply you must use your valid address. This text input has a limit of 40 characters.
- Phone (Optional)
- If you enter your telephone number it may help us if we are unable to reach you at the email you provide. However, you will not necessarily receive a phone call. This text input has a limit of 30 characters.
- Organization (Optional)
- If you have an organization or company that you want us to know about, enter the name here. This is optional. This text input has a limit of 60 characters.
- Subject (Required)
- It assists us in answering your message if you let us know why you are contacting us. If your reason for communication with us is not list in the pull-down menu provided, please use the comments area.
- Message (Required)
- Please read the Professional Disclosure Information if you are contacting Lainey Feingold and/or Law Office of Lainey Feingold because you need legal advice or are looking for a lawyer. There is no limit to the amount of content you may enter, but please be as brief as possible. The Law Office of Lainey Feingold will follow-up with you if additional information is needed.
- Anti-Spam Question, or CAPTCHA (Required)
- To confirm that you’re human, we require that you spell a three-letter word (that we’ll give to you in the question), or we’ll ask that you do some simple math (
2+2=, etc.). Please note that your response is case-insensitive. These questions are known as a CAPTCHA. More about CAPTCHA is available in the CAPTCHA section of the Glossary on this site.
- Hidden Input (Do Not Use)
- Some users will note the presence of a visually hidden field. The label will tell you to leave it blank. This is yet another trap — a honeypot — for spam robots.
- Copy Checkbox (Optional)
- If you would like to get a copy of the mail you are sending, just check the box. The email you get will be “From” us (the email address you sent to), and the “Reply-to” will be the address you provided in the form. You cannot reply to the copy as it’ll just be sent to you. If for some reason you don’t get the copy, check your spam filter.
- Submit Form (Required to Submit)
- Once you have everything filled out, click this button to send the message.
There is a phone number provided at the top of the Contact page if you are unable to use the form. [Intro]
Due to heightened security, it may be impossible for some people to send a message via our form. One of the main reasons for this is that you have “referrer logging” disabled on your browser or from your location (based on your mail server settings). If you get this error you will be presented with options.
There are other possibilities, too:
- If you can’t answer the required anti-spam question because of a cognitive disability, the error will offer you options.
- Your browser has a tool bar that uses “AutoFill” and it has populated a hidden “honeypot” field. This shouldn’t happen but it can if the variable “p-mail” has been used on another web site and you’ve filled it in. This is rare. If this happens to you, we will provide options.
If you cannot use our contact form, call us at 510.548.5062. [Intro]
Search Form Help
You can find the search form for this site through the “Search” link under Site Navigation. To use this form, enter the search word or short unquoted phrase you’re looking for, then click “Go.” (If you use quotation marks around the search term you will receive a message that “no results were found” even if the same term without quotation marks would have returned results.) Results, if found, will appear as chronologically sorted headings with excerpts on a search results page. If you want to continue searching, the search form can be found at the bottom of the page, under the results. If there are no matches, you will be informed of this and invited to continue searching, the form will follow.